Liebster Award….. Wow. I am so freaking happy. When I started this blog, is was mainly for a creative outlet and to share my love of beauty and my story of having a child who has additional needs (not touched on that yet, but I will. Its a long ass story which I need to figure out how to put into words and not turn it into War and Peace). I never ever thought that people would read what I wrote, or that I would make friends through it either. In the sometimes hateful world of social media comes a few bright shining beacons, and the support and love I have received in such a short space of time has been overwhelming. It makes me want to stay put and never leave.
The wonderful Lisa over at Creative Misfits has nominated me for a Liebster Award. She really is a babe. Her blog is amazing so please go and check her out. Its a wonderful blend of books and beauty. What is not to love right.
Her post, where she nominated me has a couple of sentences which I want to share with you…
“Receiving these just makes me smile because although they are not physical awards they are recognition all the same. People who have read my content and enjoyed it enough to think ” yeah i’ll nominate her for this award I think she deserves it.” “
Someone, a stranger by all accounts, has taken the time to look at my blog. She has seen something in my writing, in me, and taken the time to nominate me for something. I mean WOW. With all the blogs out there, beauty blogs at that, this is a real honour and gives me the push to carry on.
I bet you are asking exactly what I was asking to start with….. what the heck is a Liebster Award? Well, after doing some research I can tell you that this award has roots in the German blogging scene. Liebster means ‘dearest or favourite in German, and this award was born to show love new bloggers to recognise their achievements and efforts. It also functions as a support structure, aimed to connect new bloggers, build networks and help you find interesting new blogs which you may not have come across before. Some describe this as a chain letter, but I like to think of this as Pay It Forward. As I have been nominated, its my job to nominate others and so on and so forth. Sharing the love!!
It seems to be based around the number 11!! I need to answers 11 Questions, share 11 random facts, think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers I choose, and then they do the same 🙂 Theses are the rules of the Liebster Award Club, and we must abide by them.
So lets get started with the fact about me:
1. I work in the education sector and I am dedicated to supporting people to the best of my ability.
2. I have trained myself to become a Special Needs Buff to help my son. These skills have transported across to helping other families.
3. I get hiccups all the time, without warning. My son is the same and when I was pregnant with him I used to get worried if he didn’t have hiccups at least 3 times a day.
4. I am creative, but not arty. I love to colour and have more than a couple of colouring books.
5. When I am passionate about something I want to make sure I learn all I can. Almost to the point of obsession.
6. My make up wish list goes into the thousands…. Easily!
7. I used to dance (badly).
8. I am thinking about getting a pet hedgehog and calling him Pixel.
9. I love to bake, and like to think I am some sort of Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry genius (I am really not!)
10. I love to make new friends and be as sociable as possible, but suffer with serious anxiety issues.
11. I am an only child.
The questions I was asked by Creative Misfit….
My 11 Questions
- Where are you from? and how old are you ?Howdy Hi, I am Amy and I live not too far from London. I am cough 34 years young.
- What made you decide to start blogging?One of my besties, Kirsty, set up her own blog and I did a few posts for her. I got the bug and set out on my own path. I wanted an outlet and it seems that I have a lot to say. Whilst my life is not as diverse as some, I do have some stuff to share, and this blog is my way of doing this.
- What inspires you to blog about the topics you do?At the moment I have only touched on my love of make up and beauty. I love to create things, colourful sparkly things, mainly on my eyes. I also am falling in love with skin care. There is so much to learn!! I also have experience in dealing with certain Special Needs thanks to my son, and I want to share my experiences with the world. He makes me proud every single day without fail, and I want to share our journey.
- If you were an animal what would you be and why?Unicorn!!! Beautiful mythical creature. Whats not to love!
- Favourite Food/meal?Currently going to my favourite restaurant, Gee’s and getting a Freak Shake and a tasty burger.
- Goals for 2017.. and beyooooond?Survive!!! 2016 was ROUGH!!! Once I am done surviving, build my blog, develop new and wonderful opportunities, grab everything life has to throw at me.
- What is your favourite thing to do and why?Spend time with my son. As I said above, he makes me proud every single day and laugh like a drain too. We have the most amazing bond, and I love the time we spend together. Every single second is precious.
- If you could meet any 5 people (not necessarily celebs. Who would it be and why?Temple Grandin – Amazing woman, Autism advocate and all round wonderful human being. Anna Kennedy – A mother, turned Autism expert. She built a school for her sons because the system was failing them. She is inspirational.
Kevin Spacey – One of my all time favourite actors. I would love to sit and pick his brains
Tom Hanks – Same reason as above!
My Gran – because she has been gone too long and I miss her dearly.
- What would you main tip be for new bloggers?Stick with it. There is a lot to learn. A whole lot. However, if you give it time, work hard, connect with people and become a sponge it will become second nature 🙂
- Is blogging just a hobby for you or would you like to make a career from it?Ohhh this is 50/50 to be honest. I would love to be my own boss, but I am not sure I have the discipline….
- If you could have any animal as a pet, domestic or wild what would it be.See answer 4…. Unicorn.
So, who am I nominating?
Well, that is the question… I only have 7 bloggers for you as these are the only new bloggers who have not been nominated
Kirsty at Unseen Beauty
Aron at Drift Guy UK
Shannon over at themumwhoread
Margo at Lifeatnumber9
Zara at itsallzara
Hannah over at fibro_ANB
Beauty in all things… over at Beauty in all things 😀
My questions to my bloggers:
1. If someone was to play you in a movie about your life, who would it be and why?
2. If you could only eat one food group (e.g. Italian, Chinese, Veg) for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
3. All time favourite TV series/book.
4. Who is your idol and why.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you see?
6. Someone is on the phone for you, its an urgent call. Who would this person be…. Would you even take the call?
7. Quick, what animal are you….?
8. If you could learn any skill, what would that be?
9. Based on question 8, why have you not yet learnt this skill, what has stopped you?
10. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be.
11. If you could splat anyone in the face with a pie who would it be? You must justify your answer.
So there you have it folks. Some new blogs for you to read and follow their journeys.
Until next time,